Thursday 12 August 2010

The company you keep... Connections on LinkedIn - Pt 1

You’re judged by the company you keep

When my teenage kids went out with friends, within reason, I wasn’t too worried where they went, or at what time they got home. As parents, we were more concerned about the people with whom our children were spending their time. As long as we were satisfied their friends were from ‘good stock’, well behaved and trustworthy, we felt comfortable with the situation

Birds of a Feather

‘Birds of a feather flock together’ emphasises the point I wish to make. People join clubs where they feel relaxed with others and we all have friends we feel at ease with.

This is the same with the professional connections we make on LinkedIn. When I see people I know who are linked in with people I don’t like I hesitate for a moment and question my contacts judgment. Maybe it’s just me but when I see people I have little time for I always find something to say or think negative about them. I won’t like what they say, how they look, if I see something they write I will find fault in their words. I do everything I can to avoid these people

I’m pleased to say there are a tiny percentage of people I don’t like!

No comments:

Post a Comment