Friday 25 June 2010

Refusing Invitations on LinkedIn

When I get an impersonal invitation from someone I know I have never met I either ignore it or flag it as spam to the people at HQ LinkedIn. However when I get a personal email from someone I know I have never met I send this;

“Thank you for your kind invitation to your network. Online or offline, networking is simply building relationships -the 3 key steps being 1. Know, 2. Like, 3. Trust. As we have not yet met I am afraid I am unable to accept your invitation and this is a rule I follow without exception.

When you become part of my network I want to be able to help, recommend and introduce all my level 1 contacts to anyone when asked. I know you will appreciate this would be difficult if we haven't actually met. I do hope you will understand my thinking here. You may think I am silly but this is an inflexible principle I have decided to adopt when using LinkedIn

Kintish Business Networking Skills Group

Why not consider joining this group as we plan to send you lots of free information including big discounts on training courses and products.

We plan to be running free web seminars and teleclasses on LinkedIn and 'ordinary' networking keep a look out for details.

www.linkedintraining.co.uk

Please check out our exciting new site.

I am collecting LinkedIn success tales for this website to encourage others to join. Please do tell me when you have some and I will link your profile and website to the story on this new site.

Wishing you every success

Best Wishes”

No comments:

Post a Comment